Thursday, August 15, 2013

LO 29 : 100% Without a Doubt All Boy On the Move (Scraptastic 8/13 I Found A Boy)

This is my third layout using the Scraptastic kit for August 2013 - I Found a Boy, plus the add-on I created using my stash.

The background paper is the only paper which is in both the official add-on and the one I created. I bought it because I fell in love with the arrows at the bottom and I knew I wanted to feature them. Flipping through my stack of photos to scrap, this one caught my eye and I thought the colors and forward motion were a great fit.

Almost everything on this page is from the kit and add-on. I added some stamping ink and markers, the green polka dot from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook line, the bicycle sticker from SS I Heart Summer, and two enamel dots because I needed orange and aqua. That's it!

Because I wanted to emphasize the arrows printed on the background, I decided to outline everything. That's 2 out of the last 3 layouts, but I think I like it. I need more practice to make it look neater.

I did a lot of stamping on this layout, all from the I Found a Boy stamp set. The top border was done using Memento Tuxedo Black, which I then colored in with Spectrum Noir markers. I purposefully didn't worry about being too exact, because I liked the sketchy look. I used the same stamp for the O in Move, but inked only one circle using the Memento ink pen.

The arrows at the bottom were individually inked with that same method, using Stampin Up markers. I added enamel dots to a few of the arrows to add interest.

I used pop dots to create a bit of dimension, and decided to make the 100% All Boy stamp part of my title.



Cork, more enamel dots, a branding strip and some die cuts finish it off.


This was my 29th 12x12 layout, the 3rd from this kit - my goal is to complete 10.

Thank you for stopping by, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below, they are always appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously love this layout and left you some love on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It truly makes my day! :)